FRED.OLSEN CRUISE LINES – Scenic Swedish Waterways Cruise
Duration: 12 days
This 12 day cruise combines visits to diverse destinations with journeys into breathtaking fjords and archipelagos to present you with opportunities to delight in cultural, historical and scenic sights and highlights of one of Europe’s most captivating countries.
Beautiful Boudicca oozes a sense of class, style and elegance not experienced on modern megaships and floating theme parks. On board the emphasis is on providing an intimate and more traditional cruise experience for up to 880 guests.
Single cabin: Please ask for details
Ocean view porthole window £160 per person
Superior ocean view picture window £610 per person
- Door to Door Service
- Cabins are en-suite, air-conditioned and have TV, tea/coffee making facilities and hairdryer
- All meals throughout the cruise from 5 course a la carte dining to casual buffets & late night snacks
- All Inclusive drinks package
- Captian’s drinks party and gala buffet
- Evening entertainment including cabaret shows, live music & dancing
- Use of leisure facilities and a wide range of daytime activities & lectures
- Crew gratuities
- Port taxes
Please note – we do not include shore excursions. Full details will be sent in advance.
Your Door to Door service will transfer you to Dover to board Boudicca.
Highlights of the cruise include:
- A relaxing full day cruise through the best of Sweden’s fjords:
Gullsmarsfjord – Sweden’s largest fjord.
Saltallefjorden – a marine conservation area with lush green woodland and steep cliffs on either side.
Algofjorden – a beautiful bay in the Vastra Gotaland County, with fantastic views of craggy islands and inlets.
- The waterways of Hakefjorden and Brattobadan and the west coast islands of Askerofjorden and Halsefjorden – surround by rolling hills and picturesque settlements dotted along the shoreline.
- The charming city of Helsinborg. With a pretty harbour and plenty of monuments and museums to visit, including the Karnan, a 14th Century medieval tower and the Sofiero Castle & Gardens. A former Swedish Royal family residence, it houses an incredible collection of flowers, including over 50 different species of rhododendrons.
- The former Hanseatic City and UNESCO World Heritage Town of Visby, known as the City of Roses & Ruins and famous for its preserved medieval wall and defense towers.
- 2 full days to enjoy Stockholm, Sweden’s elegant capital, spread across 14 islands at the head of a vast archipelago that stretches out into the Baltic. Gamla Sta, the Old Town district dates to the 13th Century and offers beautiful waterfront views. The city offers a wide range of museums including the Vasa Maritime Museum, the Skansesn Open Air Museum and of course, the ABBA Museum. The stunning Royal Palace and the Drottningholm Palace are also worth exploring during your time here.
- Enjoy a memorable cruise through the Stockholm Archipelago, with some 30,000 islands and islets, dotted with ancient villages and colourful houses or simply untouched as nature intended.
- Malmo, Sweden’s most cosmopolitan and multicultural city. Retaining its old world charm, Malmo is a delight of contemporary attractions and classical heritage, squares and castles, such as the Stortorget and Lilla Torget squares in the heart of the old town. Vastra Hamnen, in the west harbour and known as the City of Tomorrow, is a modern, stylish carbon-neutral development dominated by the soaring Turning Torso, Scandinavia’s tallest building.
- Lysekil, situated at the mouth of the beautiful Gullmarn Fjord, with its picturesque little harbour and a great place to try some delicious, locally caught seafood such as crabs and mackerel.
- 3 days at sea.
We cruise back into Dover to meet your Door to Door Service home.