FRED.OLSEN CRUISE LINES – Into the Heart of Spain & France Cruise
Destination: Spain & France
Duration: 9 days
Get closer to four culture rich cities in Spain and France. Sail the Gironde Estuary and the Garonne River straight into Bordeaux and then explore Spain’s lush Cantabrian and Galician treasures.
Braemar will capture your senses with her five-deck high artrium and cascading decks at the stern. The ship has a number of restaurants and bar facilities, including Palms Café, Marquee Poolside Bar and the Grand Thistle and Grampian restaurants.
Single cabin: Please ask for details
Ocean view porthole window cabin from: £315 per person
Superior ocean view picture window from: £515 per person
- Door to Door Service
- Cabins are en-suite, air-conditioned and have TV, tea/coffee making facilities and hairdryer
- All meals throughout the cruise from 5 course a la carte dining to casual buffets & late night snacks
- All Inclusive drinks package
- Captain’s drinks party and gala buffet
- Evening entertainment including cabaret shows, live music & dancing
- Use of leisure facilities and a wide range of daytime activities & lectures
- Crew gratuities
- Port taxes
Please note: We do not include shore excursions. Full details will be sent in advance by Fred. Olsen.
Your Door to Door service will transfer you to Southampton to board Braemar.
Highlights of the cruise include:
- Cruise the Gironde Estuary
- The beautiful River Garonne, South-west France’s most important rivers and one of the region’s most picturesque. Serving a number of important towns and cities, it flows through beautiful French countryside, presenting you with stunning views to enjoy from your smaller cruise ship.
- Bordeaux offering far more than just vineyards and claret. This city of art and history is home to 362 historic monuments, with some buildings dating back to Roman times. Awarded UNESCO World Heritage status in 2007, Bordeaux’s historic centre is home to the Gothic saint-André Cathedral, 18th century mansions and popular art museums, such as the Musée des Beaux-Arts.
- Santander. Located between Gijon and Bilbao on Spain’s north coast, Santander is an elegant city with impressive buildings set against a natural backdrop of sea and mountains. The Paseo de Pereda promenade runs alongside the Pereda Gardens and the pretty houses with their miradors, or balconies, are a favourite feature of this lively boulevard. The beaches in Santander are protected from the wind by the bay, resulting in wonderful calm waters. Visitors can also discover the region’s prehistoric caves, situated a few miles from the city, which contain some of the most important cave paintings of Quaternary art.
- Aviles in the north-western province of Asturias, is steeped in history and architectural gems just waiting to be discovered. A former maritime and farming town, the scenic city of Aviles is now one of the country’s most important industrial centres. The city centre remains stylish and easy to navigate, with plenty of pretty cafes and a number of museums and galleries to visit., while the Old Town quarter is Aviles’ finest feature. Largely pedestrianised, it consists of several historic squares and plazas, interlinked by pretty boulevards from centuries past.
- La Coruña in the Galicia region of northwest Spain boasts an impressive seafront promenade, beautiful beaches and a host of attractions such as the Domus Museum, the Casa del Hombre and Torre De Hercules. Said to be the only Roman lighthouse in existence it offers sweeping coastal views from the top of its 60 metre high tower. The Paseo Maritimo, or sea-promenade, is a lovely 13km walkway and bike path, running from the port around the peninsula and along the ocean beaches. La Coruña’s old quarter is a must-visit medieval centre containing remains of the Roman wall that once protected it. The arcaded Plaza de Maria Pita, surrounded by narrow pedestrianised lanes is a popular spot and features the statue of Maria Pita, a 16th century woman who warned the town of an invasion by Sir Francis Drake.
- 2 days at sea.
We cruise back into Southampton to meet your Door to Door service home.