FRED.OLSEN CRUISE LINES – Canaries Christmas & New Year Funchal Fireworks Cruise
- Destination: Canaries
- Duration: 16 days
- Departs: 22/12/2019
- Price: £2299
Pack all your festive celebrations into one spectacular cruise on Balmoral. The long list of highlights include stunning beaches, attractive cities, quaint towns, pretty gardens and lush valleys. Sign off the year perfectly with Funchal’s spectacular New Year’s Eve fireworks display.
Named after the Scottish home of the Royal Family, Balmoral is a classically styled ship exuding a welcoming, friendly atmosphere and a warming, home-from-home feel. Balmoral is the newest and largest ship in the Fred Olsen fleet. There is a range of dining options available to suit all tastes and a fantastic selection of bars and lounges.
Single: Please ask for details
Ocean view porthole window from £400 per person
Ocean view picture window from £700 per person
Superior ocean view picture window from £1000 per person
- Door to Door Service
- Cabins are en-suite, air-conditioned and have TV, tea/coffee making facilities and hairdryer
- All meals throughout the cruise from 5 course a la carte dining to casual buffets, afternoon tea & late night snacks
- All Inclusive drinks package
- Captain’s drinks party and gala buffet
- Evening entertainment including cabaret show, live music & dancing
- Use of leisure facilities and a wide range of daytime activities & lectures
- Crew gratuities
- Port taxes
Please note: We do not include shore excursions. Full details will be sent in advance.
Your Door to Door Service will transfer you to Southampton to board Balmoral.
Highlights of the cruise include:
- Christmas Eve & Christmas Day at sea. Balmoral’s friendly crew will ensure you’ll have a memorable Christmas. Everything will be taken care of on the big day, from delicious festive food to fun activities, all while your ship glides towards Morocco.
- Casablanca is a large cosmopolitan city and former French colony. Now the biggest city in Morocco, Casablanca has a southern European feel. The Old Medina is small but the crowded streets and tiny overcrowded shops are an explorer’s paradise.
- Santa Cruz, Tenerife where we’ll have time to discover some of the many highlights including the mysterious Pyramids of Guimar, mighty Mount Tiede and countless beaches.
- Las Palmas, Gran Canaria where you can absorb a mix of architecture in the Vagueta district of Las Palmas or visit picturesque Puerto de Mogan. Perhaps visit the charming towns of Teror and Arucas. Otherwise visit Maspalomas Beach, with its oasis-like sand dunes and palm trees, it is the perfect spot to unwind.
- Santa Cruz de La Palma was a key trading post between Spain and the Americas and the city’s fascinating history can be explored in the historic quarter. The Naval Museum houses a replica of Christopher Columbus’s 15th century Santa Maria. A compact and picturesque city centre and the newly redeveloped beach and promenade have boosted the city’s resort credentials.
- Funchal, Madeira. On an extended stay, you can admire the stunning landscapes via the levada walking trails and explore the enchanting gardens, all before watching one of the world’s largest New Year’s fireworks display from the decks of the Balmoral.
- Lisbon, Portugal’s vibrant capital. Gothic cathedrals, majestic monasteries and quaint museums are all part of the colourful cityscape, but the real delights of discovery lie in wandering the narrow lanes of Lisbon’s lovely backstreets.
- 7 days at sea.
We cruise back into Southampton to meet your Door to Door Service home.