CITO ESCORTED – Cosmopolitan Crete
- Destination: Crete, Greece
- Duration: 8 days
- Departs: 12/05/2020
- Price:£ 1,195
Crete is Greece’s largest island located on the southern side of the Aegean Sea. Due to its size and rich culture, it offers visitors an amazing experience while discovering its history and traditional character.
The 4 star Silva Beach Hotel
Built in the style of a traditional Cretan village, the Silva Beach is less than 10 minutes’ walk from Hersonissos. Hotel facilities include 3 outdoor pools, tennis courts and wellness centre. Bedrooms are air conditioned and include hairdryer, telephone, satellite TV, a hire safe, WiFi and balcony or terrace with pool or garden views.
Single room £200
- Door to Door Service
- Return flights
- Airport transfers at the destination
- 7 nights All Inclusive at the Silva Beach Hotel, Hersonissos
- Coach tours as mentioned in the itinerary
- English speaking local guides during the excursions
- All entrance fees where applicable
- Services of a Cito Tour Manager throughout
For anyone with mobility issues, this holiday has been graded as easy-medium.
Your Door to Door service will transfer you to the airport for your flight to Crete. A local coach will transfer us to the Silva Beach Hotel, our base for the next 7 nights.
During our stay on Crete, the following excursions will be included:
- Boat trip to Spinalonga, a small island located at the entrance of Elounda Lagoon. Spinalonga’s history varies from being a Venetian fortress to the last leper colony in Europe but retains a natural beauty and offers views across the whole landscape.
- The picturesque town of Agios Nikolaos, wrapped around its harbour lagoon.
- Tour of the Minoan Palace of Knossos, where we will feel the myths and legends come alive in Europe’s first palace.
- Heraklion, the capital of Crete with its recently restored Venetian Castle and the famous Morosine Fountain, plus a visit to the Archeological Museum.
- Visit Chania town, regarded as ‘Venice of the East’ and not unjustly, as the most beautiful city in Greece.
- Excursion to the town of Rethymno which maintains its Venetian and Ottoman grandeur and the largest fortress in Crete, the majestic Fortezza.
- Tour to Lassithi Plateau and Krassi Village. This Plateau lies 850 metres above sea level in the Dikti mountain range in the Eastern part of the island.
- Krassi Village and local potter shop.
- 2 full days and 2 half days at leisure to enjoy the hotels’ facilities or further sightseeing at your own pace. Lunches are not included during full day excursions.
Today we leave Crete. Our local coach will transfer us to the airport for our return flight back to the UK and your Door to Door service home.