CITO ESCORTED – Treasures of the Moselle & Rhine Rivers Cruise
Destination: Germany & Switzerland
Duration: 6 days
Cruise the magical Moselle River and enjoy the gentle waters of the Romantic Rhine Valley on this exceptional cruise from Cochem, Germany to Basel, Switzerland. Let yourself be whisked away by the meandering waters and discover the steep cliffs, majestic castles and impressive vineyards in an area teeming with history.
A 2 deck ship with 78 cabins, carrying 158 passengers. Facilities include lounge bar with dance floor, bar, dining room, sundeck with deck chairs. Cabins are en suite, air-conditioned and have a picture window, hairdryer, satellite TV, window and safe. WiFi is available on board.
Single cabin £275 (limited availability)
Upper deck £100 per person
- Door to Door Service
- Return flights
- Aiport transfers at the destination
- 5 nights Inclusive accommodation whilst on board MS Monet (all breakfast, lunch and 3 course set menu dinner (French inspired), all local wines, beers and water during meals and at the bar)
- Coach tours as mentioned in the itinerary
- English speaking local guides during the excursions
- All entrance fees, where applicable
- Services of a Cito Tour Manager throughout
Cruise itinerary is subject to change due to sailing schedules.
For anyone with mobility issues, this holiday has been graded as medium.
Your Door to Door service will transfer you to the airport for your flight to Germany. Our local coach will meet and transfer us to Cochem rated as one of the prettiest towns on the Mosell. Here you will find half-timbered houses, quaint cottages and winding cobbled streets, all dominated by Cochem Castle. Once our cabins are ready, we board the MS Monet, settle in and enjoy a welcome cocktail and introduction to the crew.
During our cruise, the following excursions are included:
- Guided tour of Koblenz, at the crossroad of the Rhine and Moselle regions. Koblenz is crowned by the Ehrenbreitstein Fortress, which we will reach by the town’s funicular railway.
- Cruise along the Rhine’s most romantic stretch to Rudsheim, passing by numerous castles nestled among famous vineyards, picturesque village and the legendary Rock of the Lorelei.
- Cruise the Rhine to Mannheim, passing the cities of Wiesbaden, Nierstein and Worms.
- Guided tour of Heidelberg – Germany’s most romantic city with a trip on the funicular railway and entrance to the palace gardens.
- Full day city tour of Strasbourg, where highlights include the famous Place de la Republique, the European Parliament complex and the Petit France Quarter, listed as UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Coach tour of the Alsation wine route including entrance and visit of Haut-Koenigsbourg Castle, for a journey back in time to the Middle Ages.
- Walking guided tour of Basel, to include the Grossbasel area and its medieval streets and monuments, the Basler Munster Cathedral, the market place and its ornate town Hall.
We disembark after breakfast, with free time in Basel before our coach transfer to the airport and our flight back to the UK. On arrival, your Door to Door service will be waiting to take you home.