CITO ESCORTED – Trans European River Cruise
- Destination: Central Europe
- Duration: 12 days
- Departs: 30/09/2019
- Price: £2195
Your chance to see some of Central Europe’s finest scenery and ancient cities all from the comfort of your river cruise ship, whilst you cruise along two of Europe’s most iconic rivers, the Danube and the Main.
The MS France
MS France is a 2 deck ship with 78 cabins and a capacity of 159 passengers. Cabins are en suite with shower facilities, air conditioned and have hairdryer, satellite TV, safe and picture window or porthole. WiFi is available on board.
Single cabin £585
Upper deck cabin £195 per person
- Door to Door Service
- Return flights
- Airport transfers at the destinations
- 11 nights All Inclusive accommodation on board MS France (all breakfasts, lunches and 3 course set menu dinners, all local wines, beers and water during meals and at the bar)
- Coach tours as mentioned in the itinerary
- English speaking local guides during the excursions
- All entrance fees, where applicable
- Services of a Cito Tour Manage throughout
Cruise itinerary is subject to change due to sailing schedules.
Your Door to Door Service will transfer you to the airport for your flight to Budapest. On arrival we will transfer to our ship where there will be time to settle into our cabins before our welcome cocktail and introduction to the crew.
During our cruise, the following excursions are included:
- Guided tour of Budapest. We visit Buda, via the Chain Bridge and the Fisherman’s Bastion with its impressive views of the city. Then on to “Pest” and the Heroes Square. Onwards to Andrassy Avenue and St. Stephen’s Basilica and finally the famous Parliament building overlooking the Danube.
- Esztergom, the former capital of Hungary. Full of treasures with its neo-classical basilica and former Royal Palace.
- Guided tour of Vienna, passing the Opera House, St Stephen’s Cathedral and the Hofburg. Also included is a visit to the Schoenbrunn Palace and Gardens – the Hapsburgs’ summer residence. Free afternoon in Vienna to explore at your own pace.
- Sail along the most beautiful section of the Wachau Valley, known for its wine growing. Visit Melk Abbey, a Benedictine Monastery, which towers above the Danube and is the very symbol of Baroque art in Austria.
- Visit Durnstein and its stunning monastery with its blue and white tower. It is also here where Richard the Lionheart was held captive in the castle.
- Passau on the Austrian German border and enjoy a walking tour of the city centre. The old town is known for its Baroque architecture, including St. Stephen’s Cathedral, featuring distinctive onion-domed towers and an organ with 17,774 pipes.
- Guided tour of the historic centre of Regensburg, the 4th largest town in Bavaria.
- Leaving the River Danube we join the Main Danube Canal, stretching for 106 miles across the continental watershed through to Bamberg with 16 locks along the way.
- Guided excursion of Nuremburg, Bavaria’s second largest city and where we find half-timbered houses, gothic churches within a medieval city wall in the shadow of the towering imperial castle, which was one of the most important residences of the emperors of the Holy Roman Empire.
- Tour to Rothenburg, a manificent medieval town perched high on a hill. With its picturesque houses, it is classed as one of the most beautiful town on the historic Romantic Road.
- Wurzburg, a riverside town famous for the Bishop Princes’ residence. World War II saw the destruction of over 90% of the town, however it was rebuilt along with all buildings of historical importance.
- Cruise through the most scenic part of the Main Valley from Karlstad to Wertheim but mind your head as we skim centimetres under the bridges along the way.
- Walking tour of Miltenberg, a ‘chocolate-box’ town with a market place surrounded by half-timbered houses and an old Town Hall.
We disembark at Frankfurt after breakfast and subject to flight times, we enjoy a panoramic tour of Frankfurt en-route to the airport. On arrival back into the UK, your Door to Door Service will be waiting to take you home.