CITO ESCORTED – The Loire Valley River Cruise
Duration: 8 days
This river cruise is a unique opportunity to explore the Loire Valley from the comfort of a charming paddle ship. The Loire is known for its rich architectural and artistic creativity, fairytale chateaux and untouched landscapes.
MS Loire Princesse
A premium two deck paddle ship with 48 cabins and carrying 96 passengers. Facilities include lounge bar with dance floor, bar, restaurant, sundeck with deck chairs and shop. Cabins are en-suite, air-conditioned and have picture or floor-to-ceiling window, hairdryer, satellite TV and WiFi is available on board.
Single cabin £530 (limited availability)
Upper deck £185 per person
- Door to Door Service
- UK coach & professional driver throughout
- Return Eurotunnel crossing
- 5 nights All Inclusive accommodation on board MS Loire Princesse (breakfast, lunch & 3 course set menu dinner, all local wines, beers & water during meals & at the bar)
- 2 nights dinner, bed and breakfast at overnight hotels
- Coach tours as mentioned in the itinerary
- English speaking local guides during the excursions
- All entrance fees, where applicable
- Services of a Cito Tour Manager throughout
Cruise itinerary is subject to change due to sailing schedules.
For anyone with mobility issues, this holiday has been graded as easy-medium.
Your Door to Door service will transfer you to our tour coach for the journey south and the Eurotunnel crossing to Calais. We then continue to the Arras area for our overnight stay.
After breakfast, we continue our journey to Nantes where we board our ship in time to settle in to our cabins before a welcome cocktail and introduction to the crew.
During our cruise, the following excursions are included:
- Guided tour of the city of Nantes, one of France’s most dynamic and culturally progressive cities, with deep medieval roots and a rich maritime and engineering heritage.
- The Palatial 15th Century Renaissance residence of the last Dukes of Normandy and the Machines of the Isle of Nantes, which recreates the imaginary world of Jules Verne.
- Coach excursion through the Muscadet Wine Region with a visit to a vineyard for a tasting.
- Cruise to Bouchemaine and enjoy a city tour of Angers, situated on the banks of the Maine River and once the capital of the Anjou region. Explore the beautiful half-timbered houses of the old town which is dominated by the imposing Chateau d’ Angers.
- A full day excursion to discover the Castles of the Loire Valley These will include Usse, Azay Le Rideau and the Gardens of Villandry. Lunch included.
Disembark after breakfast and enjoy a full day touring as we head back to the Arras region for an overnight stay.
Following breakfast we travel to Calais for our return crossing and your Door to Door service home.