CITO ESCORTED – The Greek Island of Corfu
- Destination: Greece, Corfu
- Duration: 8 days
- Departs: 16/09/2019
- Price: £1095
Think Corfu and you evoke up images of traditional villages cascading down hillsides, azure seas sparkling in bright sunshine and powder-soft white sand beaches. Corfu the town, has a wealth of Greek, French and British influences in its maze of cobbled streets and alleyways.
The 4 star Elea Beach Hotel
Situated in the resort of Dassia, 12km from Corfu Town. The hotel is set in a large olive grove, surrounded by beautiful landscaped gardens and is on a Blue Flag award-winning beach. All hotel rooms have air conditioning, satellite TV, radio, telephone, fridge, hairdryer, WiFi and balcony with sea view. The hotel boasts a saltwater swimming pool, beachfront tavern, shop, table tennis & offers entertainment.
Single room £245
- Door to Door Service
- Return flights
- Airport transfers at the destination
- 7 nights dinner, bed and breakfast a the Elea Beach Hotel
- Sea view rooms
- Coach tours as mentioned in the itinerary
- English speaking local guides during the excursions
- All entrance fees, where applicable
- Services of a Cito Tour Manager throughout
Your Door to Door Service will transfer you to the airport for your flight to Corfu. A local coach will transfer us to the Elea Beach Hotel, our base for the next 7 nights.
During our stay on corfu, the following excursions will be included:
- Guided tour of Corfu Town. The town is a maze of narrow streets dominated by the 16th century fortress. Shops and stalls sell local specialities such as wild honey, fig cakes and handmade lace. Included is a short boat ride to the famous Mouse Island.
- Full day excursion of the Island of Corfu. Highlights include picturesque Paleokastritsa and its 13th Century monastery and Lakones with the most breath-taking views of Corfu.
- The fishing village of Kassiopi and the coastal road via Kalami & Kouloura where Lawrence Durrell lived and Nissaki and Ipsos.
- Full day cruise to the Islands of Paxos and Antipaxos. At Paxos there will be time to stroll down the narrow alleyways and enjoy a coffee with a view of the Island of Saint Nicklaus or mainland Greece. The spectacular Blue Caves where the shades of blue from the water forms an emerald vista. Stop at Antipaxos with its crystal clear waters and wonderful landscape and maybe enjoy a swim.
- Visit Achilleion Palace, museum and gardens, located in Gastouri and built by Sisi, Elizabeth of Bavaria, Empress of Austria and the nearby fishing village of Benitses.
- Visit to a distillery sample the freshly produced Koum kouat.
- 2 Full and 2 half free days to relax and enjoy the hotel’s facilities or explore the local area at your own pace.
Today we leave Corfu. Our local coach will transfer us to Corfu Airport for our return flight back to the UK and your Door to Door service home.