CITO ESCORTED – Tasty Tuscany
- Destination: Italy, Tuscany
- Duration: 8 days
- Departs: 08/09/2020
- Price: £1,275
Discover the main ingredients of Italian life and their love of great food on this tour to glorious Tuscany. See the sights amidst some of Italy’s most stunning landscapes and try your hand at the art of pasta making in an authentic country farmhouse taking in the feast of the senses that is ‘la dolce vita’.
The Hotel Adua & Regina Di Saba, Montecatini Terme
Located in the heart of the town, this family run hotel is just a few steps away from the local shops & town spas. All rooms feature telephone, hairdryer, satellite TV, air conditioning, safe and WiFi. There is also a Wellness Centre with a small heated pool.
Single room £115
- Door to Door Service
- Return flights
- Airport transfers at the destination
- 7 nights dinner, bed & breakfast at Hotel Adua & Regina Di Saba, Montecatini Terme
- 1 traditional lunch included
- Coach tours as mentioned in the itinerary
- English speaking local guide during the excursions
- All entrance fees, where applicable
- Services of a Cito Tour Manager throughout
For anyone with mobility issues, this holiday has been graded as medium-hard.
Your Door to Door service will transfer you to the airport for your flight to Italy. A local coach will transfer us to the Hotel Adua & Regina Di Saba, in Montecatini Terme our base for the next 7 nights.
During our stay, the following excursions are included:
- Visit a typical local farmhouse for an introduction to the tasty world of Italian cuisine. Volunteers from within our group will be needed to assist the chef during our master class. They will prepare our lunch of pasta, sauce and crostini which we will enjoy with a sample of the local wine.
- Excursion to Volterra, a former Etruscan settlement located on a rise with a splendid view of the surroundings.
- Visit to a local olive grove for a tour and tasting.
- Excursion to Siena for a guided tour of this important medieval city. The highlight is the Piazza del Campo, the seashell-shaped square, on which the famous Palio horse race takes place each year and the imposing cathedral is also magnificent.
- Wine tasting in the Chianti Valley, where the hilly landscape is interspersed with vineyards and palaces.
- Take the train into Florence for a guided walking tour of this beautiful Renaissance city. Highlights include the Duomo di Sant Maria del Fiore, the Giotto Bell Tower and the historic district before some free time to admire the shops on the Ponte Vecchio, enjoy an Italian espresso or a gelato.
- Visit to Lucca, a charming town with its cathedral, Church of San Michele and well preserved city walls.
- Travel to Pisa to be charmed by this antique former sea republic. We will see the impressive cathedral, the baptisery and of course, the world famous Leaning Tower.
- 1 full day and 2 half days free at leisure in Montecantini Terme.
Today we leave Tuscany, our local coach will transfer us to the airport for our return flight back to the UK and your Door to Door Service home.