CITO ESCORTED – Splendours of Sicily – Taormina, Catania & Syracuse
- Destination: Sicily, Giardini Naxos
- Duration: 8 days
- Departs: 19/09/2019
- Price: £1255
Sicily, the largest Mediterranean island has a rich history of culture and tradition. Enjoy the scenic hillside towns and villages, fishing ports and expansive olive groves that are interspersed with Greek and Roman amphitheatres and temples – all with majestic Mount Etna as a backdrop.
The 4 star Arathena Rocks Hotel
The Arathena Rocks Hotel is located directly by the sea in Giardini Naxos. This beautiful location was the first Greek colony in Sicily and is located near Taormina. The beautiful outdoor pool with sea water surrounded by a green garden is equipped with deckchairs and umbrellas. En suite bedrooms have satellite TV, telephone, safe air conditioning and balcony or terrace.
Single room £100
Sea view £90 per person
- Door to Door Service
- Return flights
- Airport transfers at the destination
- 7 nights dinner, bed and breakfast at the Arathena Rocks Hotel
- Coach tours as mentioned in the itinerary
- All entrance fees, where applicable
- English speaking local guides during the excursions
- Services of a Cito Tour Manager throughout
Your Door to Door Service will transfer you to the airport for your flight to Sicily. On arrival, our local coach will transfer us to the Arathena Rocks Hotel in Giardini Naxos, our base for the next 7 nights.
During our stay, the following excursions will be included:
- A guided walking tour of Taormina which is surrounded by a setting of rocks, gardens and sea. Taormina’s most famous structure is the Greek Roman Theatre from which there is a spectacular view of the sea and Mount Etna.
- The city of Catania where ancient monuments and fanciful Baroque buildings characterise the cityscape. Highlights include the Norman-Baroque Cathedral, the Elephant Fountain, the Greek Theatre and Roman Odeon.
- Visit the picturesque hill villages of Savoca and Forza D’Agro, film locations of the Godfather.
- The Ortygia Peninsula and the UNESCO site and temples of Syracuse, one of the most important cities of Ancient Greece and whose ruins rise out of lush citrus orchards. Time to wander through its streets and piazzas where you will find the Fountain of Arethusa.
- Excursion to Mount Etna, Europe’s highest active volcano. Walk the Silvestri craters and the lava streams of 1983 and 2001, with lunch included.
- 2 full days and 2 half free days to relax and enjoy the hotel’s facilities or explore the local area at your own pace.,