CITO ESCORTED – Splendours of Sicily – Taormina, Catania & Syracuse
- Destination: Italy, Sicily
- Duration: 8 days
- Depart: 03/06/2020
- Price: £1,295
Sicily, the largest Mediterranean island has a rich history of culture and tradition. Enjoy the scenic hillside towns and villages, fishing ports and expansive olive groves that are interspersed with Greek and Roman amphitheatres and temples – all with majestic Mount Etna as a backdrop.
The 4 star Arathena Rocks Hotel Complex
The Arathena Rocks Hotel enjoys a wonderful sea front position and is a 15 minute walk to the beach resort of Giardini Naxos. Facilities include lounge, a breakfast terrace overlooking the sea, an outdoor sea-water pool and private gardens. En-suite bedrooms have satellite TV, telephone, safe, air-conditioning, balcony or terrace and may be allocated across more than one building.
Single room £150
Sea view rooms are available on request
- Door to Door Service
- Return flights
- Airport transfers at the destination
- 7 nights dinner, bed and breakfast at the Arathena Rocks Hotel Complex
- Coach tours as mentioned in the itinerary
- All entrance fees, where applicable
- English speaking local guides during the excursions
- Services of a Cito Tour Manager throughout
For anyone with mobility issues, this holiday has been graded as medium.
Your Door to Door Service will transfer you to the airport for your flight to Sicily. On arrival, our local coach will transfer us to the Arathena Rocks Hotel Complex in Giardini Naxos, our base for the next 7 nights.
During our stay, the following excursions will be included:
- A guided walking tour of Taormina which is surrounded by a setting of rocks, gardens and sea. Taormina’s most famous structure is the Greek Roman Theatre from which there is a spectacular view of the sea and Mount Etna.
- The city of Catania where ancient monuments and fanciful Baroque buildings characterise the cityscape. Highlights include the Norman-Baroque Cathedral, the Elephant Fountain, the Greek Theatre and Roman Odeon.
- Visit the picturesque hill village of Savoca, film locations of the Godfather.
- The Ortygia Peninsula and the UNESCO archeoligical park and temples of Syracuse, one of the most important cities of Ancient Greece and whose ruins rise out of lush citrus orchards. Time to wander through its streets and piazzas where you will find the Fountain of Arethusa.
- Excursion to Mount Etna, Europe’s highest active volcano. Walk the Silvestri craters and the lava streams of 1983 and 2001, with lunch included.
- 2 full days and 2 half free days to relax and enjoy the hotel’s facilities or explore the local area at your own pace.
Today we leave Sicily. Our local coach will transfer us to the airport for our return flight back to the UK and your Door to Door service home.