CITO ESCORTED – Puglia, Italy’s Hidden Gem
- Destination: Italy, Puglia
- Duration: 8 days
- Departs: 29/06/2019
- Price: £1,245
The ‘heel’ of Italy is a land of memorable coastal and hilltop towns, picturesque seascapes, olive groves and limestone precipices. We explore this fascinating area from our base in Martina Franca, a small town in the very heart of Puglia. The town has a lovely historic centre and a maze of winding alleys where whitewashed simplicity sits side by side with baroque extravagance.
The 4 Star Park Hotel San Michele Stelle, Martina Franca.
From a traditional farmhouse dating back to 1600 to a magnificent villa in the early 1900’s, it is now a modern hotel in a superb location. Close to the centre of Martina Franca and the Old Town, the hotel also offers clients a delightful pool garden area ideal for relaxing and unwinding. All the rooms are en-suite with air-conditioning mini-bar, free WiFi, satellite TV, hairdryer and telephone.
Single room £120
- Door to Door Service
- Return flights
- Airport transfers at the destination
- 7 nights dinner, bed & breakfast at the 4 Park Hotel San Michele
- Coach tours as mentioned in the itinerary
- English speaking local guide during excursions
- All entrance fees where applicable
- Services of a Cito Tour Manager throughout
Your Door to Door service will transfer you to the airport for your flight to Italy. A local coach will transfer us to the Park Hotel San Michele, Martina Franca, our base for the next 7 nights.
During our stay, the following excursions are included:
- Scenic coach tour through the southern Italian countryside to visit Ostuni, ‘La Citta Blance’. Rising high above the vast olive carpeted plateau of the lower Murgia, Ostuni has long been an awe inspiring sight for those travelling across Puglia.
- Alberobello, famous for its collection of Trullo, traditional dry-stone conical roofed dwellings which are only found in the Itria Valley. Alberobello has the largest collection of original buildings, many of which are still occupied today.
- Scenic coach tour to Matera, a town renowned for its cave-dwellings carved into the Canyon. The cave-houses, or Sassi, where families once lived are now coming back to life as hotels, museums and restaurants.
- Lecce, nicknamed ‘Florence of the south’. Built in local soft creamy limestone with dazzling architectural surprises around every corner, Lecce is a minor Baroque masterpiece and its spider web of streets offers a range of vistas.
- Otranto, one of Puglia’s most charming towns. The imposing castle, thick perimeter walls and robust towers dominate much of the town, giving way to a small port, a series of sea fronted promenades with excellent restaurants, sandy beaches and turquoise waters.
- Trani, an instantly recognisable landmark for sailors navigating the Adriatic Sea over the centuries Trani’s iconic seafront cathedral is one of the finest in Italy. The old town centre is a charming medieval network of streets with plenty of fine architecture arranged around the picturesque fishing port.
- 2 free full days to explore further at your own pace.
Today we leave Puglia. Our local coach will transfer us to the airport for our return flight back to the UK and your Door to Door service home.