CITO ESCORTED – Mayrhofen & The Austrian Tyrol
- Destination: Austria, Mayrhofen
- Duration: 8 days
- Departs: 08/07/2019
- Price: £1195
The beautiful Austrian Tyrol is located in the heart of the Alps and offers stunning scenery and panoramic views of lakes and mountains. Our tour shows off some of the highlights of the region from our base in Mayrhofen in the Ziller valley.
The 4 star Sport & Spa Hotel Strass
A popular family run hotel in the centre of Mayhofen. All rooms have en suite facilities, TV, hairdryer, telephone, safe, balcony and WiFi. There is an indoor swimming pool and spa facilities, lobby bar, and some nights feature live musical entertainment in the sports bar.
Single room £75
- Door to Door Service
- Return flights
- Airport transfers at the destination
- 7 nights dinner, bed & breakfast at the Sport & Spa Hotel Strass, Mayrhofen
- Coach tours as mentioned in the itinerary
- Local city guide in Innsbruck
- All entrance fees, where applicable
- Services of a Cito Tour Manager throughout
Your Door to Door Service will transfer you to the airport for your flight. On arrival, our local coach will transfer us to the Sport & Spa Hotel Strass, our base for the next 7 nights.
During our stay, the following excursions will be included:
- Scenic drive over the Gerlos Pass to the Krimml Waterfalls, the highest waterfalls in Europe.
- Drive along the Pinzgau Valley to Kitzbuhel, the famous winter and summer resort in the heart of the Alps.
- Visit to Innsbruck, the capital of the Tyrol. A panoramic tour of the city before some free time in the old town to explore or enjoy lunch in one of the many cafes.
- Short visit to the smallest town in the Tyrol, Rattenberg. Known as the ‘Glass Town’, Rattenberg sits on the side of the River Inn, with its cobbled streets, alleyways and multi-coloured buildings.
- In Jenbach we board the Achensee Railway – Europe’s oldest steam operated cog railway. We arrive at Achensee the largest lake in the Tyrol, where the emerald green lake nestles between the Karwendel and Rofan mountain ranges and where we embark on an included scenic lake cruise, with free time in Pertisau.
- Free time in Alpbach, Austria’s prettiest village. Time to explore this mountain village with its traditional timber houses and balconies laden with flowers.
- A light lunch is included at the Zur Post Hotel.
- Visit to the Tyrolean Farmhouse Museum. This open-air museum features fragments of rural Tyrolean architecture which have been collected and brought together to provide an insight into rural life.
- 2 free days to enjoy the hotel’s facilities or perhaps take one of the lifts to the top of the mountain for stunning views of the valley or travel on the steam train through the Ziller Valley.
Today we say goodbye to the Tyrol. Our local coach will transfer us to the airport for our return flight back to the UK and your Door to Door Service home.