CITO ESCORTED – Land of Fjords & Mountains
- Destination: Norway, Lofthus
- Duration: 8 days
- Departs: 06/08/2019
- Price: £1895
Norway – land of spectacular fjords, snow-capped mountains and historic villages. Our base is at a superior family run hotel on the Hardangerfjord from where we explore some of the best scenery in the country.
The 4 star Hotel on the Hardangerfjord in Lofthus, the hotel has been run by the same family for over 165 years. The hotel garden has a fabulous view of the Folgefonna Glacier, which towers majestically over the blue waters of the fjord. The activity centre offers tennis court, squash, pool, table tennis, fitness room, a golf simulator and an indoor and outdoor swimming pool. The outdoor pool has a 88m long swimming channel which ends in an infinity pool. The en suite rooms all have a view of the Fjord and are equipped with satellite TV, radio, mini bar, hairdryer and WiFi
Single room £465
- Door to Door Service
- Return flights
- Airport transfers at the destination
- 7 nights dinner, bed & breakfast at the Hotel Ullensvang
- Fjord view rooms
- Coach tours as mentioned in the itinerary
- All entrance fees, where applicable
- Services of a Cito Tour Manager throughout
Your Door to Door Service will transfer you to the airport for our flight to Norway. A local coach will transfer us through beautiful scenery of the Fjords and mountains to the Hotel Ullensvang, our base for the next 7 nights.
During our stay, the following excursions are included:
- Guided walking tour through the apple orchards of Lofthus, enjoying a refreshing glass of the local apple juice en route.
- Drive along the other side of the Fjord via Odda to Agatunet for a guided tour of the Hardanger Voss outdoor museum, featuring old historic local homes and farms. Continue via Utne to enjoy the narrow yet beautiful Fjordside drive to Jondal and onwards up to the spectacular road to the Fonna Glacier to see the summer skiing. Return drive via the new tunnel under the Folgefonna Glacier.
- Drive the new road bridge across Hardanger to Voss, on the shores of lovely Vangsvatnet Lake, to take our included ride on ‘Norway in a Nutshell’ mountain train to Flam, followed by a stunning Fjords cruise featuring Naeroyfjord, the narrowest in Norway.
- Drive along Sorjfjord to Eidfjord before our included visit to the Hardangervidda Nature Centre with its grass roof and magnificent panoramic screen video on life on Hardanger and the Fjords – a flight of a lifetime!
- Travel to Ulvik, free time to visit the ancient church before a tour and tasting at a local cider farm.
- Excursion along Hardangerfjord via Odda to Latefoss and Vidfossen waterfalls, two of the most photographed in Norway and continue to Roldal to see the medieval Stave Church.
- 1 full free day to enjoy the local resort of Lofthus.
Today we leave Norway. Time permitting we will have time in Bergen to explore the harbour side where you will see the famous colourful leaning wooden houses along the Bryggen Harbour. Our local coach will transfer us to the airport for our return flight back to the UK and your Door to Door Service home.