CITO ESCORTED – Bordeaux Region River Cruise
- Destination: France
- Duration: 10 days
- Departs: 14/06/2019
- Price: £1895
Cruise the Bordeaux and Dordogne Regions on the Gironde & Garonne Rivers. Two great rivers and the Gironde Estuary. a complex and colourful mosaic of scenery, textures and moods. Come and join us as we explore this rich and diverse region.
The MS Cyrano de Bergerac
A 3 deck ship with 87 cabins and carries 174 passengers. Facilities include lounge bar with dance floor, bar with TV & Terrace, restaurant, sundeck with deck chairs, lift and shop. Cabins are en suite, air conditioned and have hairdryer, satellite TV and safe. WiFi is available on board.
Single cabin £310
Upper deck cabin £110 per person
- Door to Door Service
- UK coach & professional driver throughout
- Return Eurotunnel crossing
- Porterage at the ship
- 6 nights All Inclusive accommodation on board MS Princess d’Aquitaine (breakfast, lunch & 3 course set menu dinner, all local wines, beers & water during meals & at the bar)
- 3 nights dinner, bed and breakfast in overnight hotels
- Coach tours as mentioned in the itinerary
- English speaking local guides during the excursions
- All entrance fees, where applicable
- Services of a Cito Tour Manager throughout
Cruise itinerary is subject to change due to sailing schedules.
Your Door to Door Service will transfer you to our tour coach for the journey south and the Eurotunnel to Calais. We will continue south for our overnight stay in the Liseux or Rouen area.
After breakfast, we continue our journey to Bordeaux where we board our ship in time to settle into our cabins before our welcome cocktail and introduction to the crew.
Highlights of the cruise include:
- Sail the Garonne, joining the Gironde and passing Cazeau Island and Patiras Island before arriving in Paulliac – the capital of the Medoc wine region.
- Excursion along the Corniche, or cliff route. Narrow and picturesque, the road snakes alongside the River Dordogne before reaching the Gironde estuary.
- Visit the village of Bourg, a charming city built on a rocky outcrop enclosed by medieval ramparts.
- Visit the citadel and fortifications at Blaye; a UNESCO World Heritage Site since 2008.
- Sail along the River Dordogne to Libourne. Visit the underground monuments and medieval city of St. Emilion together with the Troglodyte settlement, the cave of Emilion and a wine tasting.
- Guided tour of Bordeaux. Listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site, we start with a panoramic tour of the city to see the key buildings and monuments before we continue on foot for a tour of the Old Town.
- Guided visit and wine tasting at the Chateau de Roguetailade, a magnificent and prestigious medieval castle, listed as a 12th Century historic monument.
- The city of Cadillac – famous for its sweet dessert wine.
Disembark after breakfast and enjoy a day touring, as we head north to the Limoges region for an overnight stay.
Our journey continues to the Rouen region for our overnight stay.
Following breakfast we travel to Calais for our return crossing and your Door to Door Service home.