CITO ESCORTED – Amalfi Coast, Maiori
- Destination: Italy, Maiori
- Duration: 8 days
- Departs: 06/10/2019
- Price: £1,295
The Amalfi Coast, where picturesque villages and lemon groves cling to the sheer rock facing the sea; this is indeed a spectacular coastline. With its centuries of history and great natural beauty, there is a lot to discover and enjoy from our new base in Maiori.
The 4 Star Hotel Sole Splendid
Located on the eastern side of Maiori promenade overlooking the bay and cliffs of this beautiful coastal town. Spacious, well furnished rooms with sea view are air conditioned and include satellite TV, telephone, mini bar, hairdryer and WiFi. The hotel has indoor and roof top bars and meals are served in their partner restaurant located next door to the hotel.
Single room £190
- Door to Door Service
- Return flights
- Airport transfers at the destination
- 7 nights dinner, bed & breakfast a the Hotel Sole Splendid, Maiori
- Sea view rooms
- Coach tours as mentioned in the itinerary
- English speaking local guide during excursions
- All entrance fees where applicable
- Services of a Cito Tour Manager throughout
Your Door to Door Service will transfer you to the airport for your flight to Italy. A local coach will transfer us to the Hotel sole Splendid, Maiori, our base for the next 7 nights.
During your holiday, we will enjoy the following excursions:
- A guided walking tour of Maiori, a pleasant seaside town with one of the longest beaches on the Amalfi Coast.
- Scenic drive to visit to the town of Sorrento which overlooks The Bay of Naples and offers stunning views over to Mount Vesuvius and the Island of Capri. Sorrento is known for its many churches, the 14th century cathedral and its winding lanes and alleyways.
- Visit to Amalfi and the town of Ravello, famous for its musical festival situated up in the mountains, overlooking the coast from Maiori to Minori.
- Rufolo and its beautiful gardens, which so inspired Wagner and from where you can admire one of the best panoramic views on the entire Amalfi coast. Time to visit the ancient cathedral, explore its narrow side streets and sample a ‘gelato’ in the main square.
- Hydrofoil crossing to the Island of Capri, a Mediterranean island renowned for its magical beauty with a mix of history, nature and style, loved by everyone from Emperor Tiberius to Gracie Fields. Visits include both the towns of Capri and Anacapri. Please note, this excursion may not be suitable for people with walking difficulties.
- Guided tour of Pompeii. Time to marvel at the excavated streets, amphitheatre, villa remains and bath house.
- 1 full free day to explore at your own pace or watch the world go by at a seaside café.
Sadly we wave goodbye to the Amalfi Coast. Our local coach will transfer us to the airport for our return flight to the UK and your Door to Door Service home.