CITO ESCORTED – A True Taste of Andalucia
- Destination: Andalucia, Spain
- Duration: 8 days
- Departs: 13/10/2020
- Price: £1,455
The sweet scent of blossom, the swish of a flamenco dress, the glimpse of a white village perched atop a crag….In Andalucia, your memories will linger. From our new base in the city of Cordoba, immerse yourself in all the rich heritage, culture and colourful history that Andalucia has to offer.
The 4 Star Hotel Hesperia, Cordoba
Just steps away from the Roman Bridge and within a 10 minute walk of the major attractions and the city centre. This bright, modern hotel offers lounge, restaurant, a small shallow pool, roof-top terrace bar with amazing city views. Comfortable, air-conditioned en-suite bedrooms include TV, telephone, safe & WiFi.
Single room £330
- Door to Door Service
- Return flights
- Airport transfers at the destination
- 7 nights dinner, bed & breakfast at the Hotel Hesperia Hotel, Cordoba
- Drinks package with dinner
- 1 traditional lunch included
- Coach tours as mentioned in the itinerary
- English speaking local guides during excursions
- All entrance fees, where applicable
- Services of a Cito Tour Manger throughout
For anyone with mobility issues, this holiday has been grades as medium.
Your Door to Door service will transfer you to the airport for your flight to Malaga. From here we visit nearby Mijas Pueblo a beautiful and typical village with its whitewashed houses set into the hills overlooking the Mediterranean. Free time for tapas and maybe a little vino and to stroll through its narrow streets before our coach takes us to the Hotel Hesperia in Cordoba, our base for the next 7 nights.
During our stay, the following excursions are included:
- Full day city tour of Cordoba – all on the doorstep of our hotel. Walk through the historical centre with its narrow and crooked streets admiring the beautifully colourful ‘patios’ and examples of traditional Moorish street design, such as the stunning ‘Calle do las flores’ or street of flowers.
- Entrance included to the 1,000 year old mosque; the Mezquita of Cordoba, the second largest in the world and a UNESCO World Heritage site with an imposing cathedral built inside. Visit to the Alcazar (or fortress) of Cordoba and its beautiful gardens.
- Morning excursion to the village of montilla famous for its Amontillado pale dry sherry and the rich Pedro Ximenez aromatic sweet wine. Take a walk through this charming white village and enjoy a visit to a winery to sample the local produce.
- City tour of Seville, the capital of Andalucia. Highlights include the beautiful Plaza España, the old tobacco factory and the gracious promenade along the banks of the river Guadalquivir. Also the legendary Jewish Quarter, well known from the operas Carmen, Don Juan and The Barber of Seville. Entrance to the cathedral, the largest Gothic Cathedral in Europe with free time to explore the city a little further at your own pace.
- Visit the town of Baena, set in a landscape of olive orchards and cereal fields and a significant producer of extra virgin olive oil, where we have the chance to visit a mill.
- The white villages of Zuheros & Luque in the Sierra Subbetica Natural Park. Glaring light reflecting from chalky white walls against a Mediterranean blue sky is everybody’s image of a “pueblo blanco” (white village) and Zuheros is one of the best. Luque is just as picturesque, set on a hillside crowned by a castle and medieval defensive walls overlooking the main square. A traditional Andalucian lunch is included today.
- 2 full and 2 half free days in Cordoba to continue sightseeing at your own pace, or just relax at the hotel or in a shady terrace.
Sadly we wave Adios! to Andalucia. Our local coach will transfer us to Malaga airport for our return flight to the UK and your Door to Door service home.